Marketing executive specializing in strategy, voice of consumer, and inbound marketing. Focused on customer acquisition and brand awareness tactics.
My name is Emily and I’m Co-Founder of Vocati, Inc. where I lead branding and marketing strategies that center around our goal to help people holistically manage their career.
Concurrently, I work for Cleva North America, Inc., a global manufacturer, and distributor of consumer goods. In my marketing role, I develop content using voice of consumer insights, manage the creative agencies, and direct and collaborate on digital advertising campaigns.
Continuous professional development is important to me which is why I’m an active member of Toastmasters, a worldwide non-profit organization which develops communications & leadership skills in its members. I served as club VP of Public Relations last year and earned my Competent Leadership award in May.
On this site, you can enjoy some of my writing and design projects, which will be added regularly. If you like what you see and want to start a conversation, feel free to get in touch.
Top performing Digital Marketing Leader with a record of success in directing content marketing, analytics, market research, and project management. Strong strategic thinking skills to develop and implement social media and digital marketing campaigns that drive brand awareness and revenue growth. Solid interpersonal skills leveraged to cultivate relationships with peers, colleagues, reports, management, and business partners.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|▪Strategic Marketing||▪ Project Management||▪ Team Leadership|
|▪ Market Analysis||▪ Creative Writing||▪ Social Strategy|
|▪ Process Improvements||▪ Budgeting/Forecasting||▪ Public Relations|
|▪ Content Development||▪ Business Operations||▪ Stakeholder Engagement|
Cleva North America, Inc. • Greenville, SC • February 2013 – Present
Direct and contribute to creative teams to develop and execute digital marketing campaigns and graphic design projects that align with corporate goals. Oversee planning, budgeting, project management, and logistics for annual national trade show events. Partner with product development teams on market research; Author SEO-optimized website content for corporate branding sites and retail customer product pages.
- Reduced Facebook Cost Per Impression (CPM) from $35 to $8 in 4 months; Increased follower acquisition reach by 118% after optimizing creative (image to video).
- Improved Google Adwords Ad Rank by 10% by adding site extensions and enhancing quality of content.
- Led marketing and sales teams to design a Voice of Customer (VOC) program to analyze and solve business challenges; efforts were recognized through receipt of the 2017 MarCom Award for packaging design.
- Drove positive online mentions/reviews up by 35% by development and executing of a daily User Generated Content (UGC) & online reputation management strategy. Train and lead e-commerce staff on daily maintenance of the program.
Lead market research and competitive analysis activities designed to develop and execute a go-to-market and pricing strategies for the AccompliTrack SaaS product. Manage intern and a team of graphic designers and scriptwriters.
- Produced media kit, website content, and SEO blog posts to properly communicate product to target market.
- Led video production and creative direction for newly-launched product video.
Banyan Consulting LLC • Pittsburgh, PA • February 2004 – October 2012
Managed inbound marketing initiatives and maintained adherence to established brand guidelines to effectively communicate value propositions and messaging. Designed promotional materials including, but not limited to, corporate brochures, product data sheets, presentations, and proposals. Organized event marketing webinars and seminars.
- Tracked sales goals, generated revenue reports, and drafted comprehensive RFP responses to support sales team
- Leveraged Google Analytics to analyze effectiveness of inbound marketing campaigns; issued recommendations that significantly improved traffic by 40% in 5 months and tripled new visitors in 1 year.
Marketing Assistant/Support Staff II, Student Life
Carnegie Mellon University • Pittsburgh, PA • October 2000 – September 2003
- Resolved operational and project issues to ensure consistency and quality.
- Recruited and managed student worker teams each semester.
Winn-Dixie, Inc. (Regional Corporate Office) • Clayton, NC • November 1998 – January 2000
- Designed profit-driven specialty and weekly in-store advertisements, along with supporting the development of diverse marketing projects
- Demonstrated self-reliance and resourcefulness to overcome obstacles
- Consistently met all assigned quotas and key performance metrics
- Key Achievement – Produced outstanding results in a fast-paced environment and delivered multiple complex projects at once
August 2016 – Present
- VP of Public Relations – Increased membership by 20%; developed and implemented a digital marketing plan to increase club membership and member participation. Specific tactics included strategic social media activity, website refresh, event listings, and club newsletters. Results were measured and tactics were optimized on quarterly basis.
- Earned seven “Best Speaker” Ribbons for prepared and impromptu speeches.
- Earned Competent Leader Award (CL)
Certificate in Graphic Design
Living Arts College • Raleigh, NC
Carnegie Mellon University • Pittsburgh, PA
North Carolina State University • Raleigh, NC
I had the opportunity to work with Emily at Hartz Consulting Group, Sovereign Bank, and Banyan Consulting. She is a consistent performer with great attention to detail. She provides great customer service to her customers whether internal or external to her organization. Emily is very organized and has helped the day to day operations run smoother in companies she’s been affiliated with. I would recommend Emily without reservation.
Emily is a capable team player. She approaches every marketing task with a very creative hand. Emily was instrumental in the launching of our Banyan website and all internal marketing efforts. We will truly miss her!