Marketing executive specializing in strategy, voice of consumer, and inbound marketing. Focused on customer acquisition and brand awareness tactics.
My name is Emily and I’m Co-Founder of Vocati, Inc. where I lead branding and marketing strategies that center around our goal to help people holistically manage their career.
Concurrently, I work for Cleva North America, Inc., a global manufacturer and distributor of consumer goods. In my marketing role, I develop content using voice of consumer insights, manage the creative agencies, and national trade shows.
Continuous professional development is important to me which is why I’m an active member of Toastmasters, a worldwide non-profit organization which develops communications & leadership skills in its members. I served as club VP of Public Relations last year and earned my Competent Leadership award in May.
On this site, you can enjoy some of my writing and design projects, which will be added regularly. If you like what you see and want to start a conversation, feel free to get in touch.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|▪Strategic Marketing||▪ Project Management||▪ Team Leadership|
|▪ Market Analysis||▪ Creative Writing||▪ Graphic Design|
|▪ Process Improvements||▪ Budgeting/Forecasting||▪ Public Relations|
|▪ Content Development||▪ Business Operations||▪ Stakeholder Engagement|
Cleva North America, Inc. • Greenville, SC • February 2013 – Present
- Credited with increasing web sales by nearly 50%, boosted KPIs by migrating e-commerce brand sites to a
- BigCommerce platform from a custom platform, and reduced customer service call volumes.
- Reduced Facebook Ads CPC by 10% over 3 months by testing creative.
- Led marketing and sales teams to design a Voice of Customer (VOC) program to analyze and solve business
- challenges; efforts were recognized through receipt of the 2017 MarCom Award for packaging design.
- Drove positive online mentions/reviews up by 35% by development and executing of a daily User Generated Content
- (UGC) strategy.
- Produced media kit that demonstrated key marketing analytics and demographics for use in sales presentations. Efforts were credited as instrumental in x
- Launched career blog and grew online traffic to x monthly visitors through social media and SEO
- Led video production and creative direction for newly-launched product video.
Banyan Consulting LLC • Pittsburgh, PA • February 2004 – October 2012
- Provided support to the sales team through generation of revenue reports and drafting comprehensive RFP responses under tight deadlines.
- Leveraged measurement tools including Google Analytics to analyze effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns; issued recommendations that significantly improved traffic by 40% in 5 months, and tripled new visitors in 1 year.
Marketing Assistant/Support Staff II, Student Life
Carnegie Mellon University • Pittsburgh, PA • October 2000 – September 2003
- Resolved operational and project issues to ensure consistency and quality.
- Recruited and managed student worker teams each semester.
Winn-Dixie, Inc. (Regional Corporate Office) • Clayton, NC • November 1998 – January 2000
- Designed profit-driven specialty and weekly in-store advertisements, along with supporting the development of diverse marketing projects
- Demonstrated self-reliance and resourcefulness to overcome obstacles
- Consistently met all assigned quotas and key performance metrics
- Key Achievement –Produced outstanding results in a fast-paced environment and delivered multiple complex projects at once
August 2016 – Present
- VP of Public Relations – Increased membership by 20%; developed and implemented a digital marketing plan to increase club membership and member participation. Specific tactics included strategic social media activity, website refresh, event listings, and club newsletters. Results were measured and tactics were optimized on quarterly basis.
- Earned Competent Leader Award (CL)
Certificate In Graphic Design (1998), Living Arts College, School of Communication Arts
Extensive Coursework, Carnegie Mellon University & North Carolina State University
Emily is a very talented and creative member of the Banyan Consulting team. She has made significant contributions to our Company’s marketing and branding initiatives. Emily will do whatever it takes to ensure our clients’ needs are met.
I had the opportunity to work with Emily at Hartz Consulting Group, Sovereign Bank, and Banyan Consulting. She is a consistent performer with great attention to detail. She provides great customer service to her customers whether internal or external to her organization. Emily is very organized and has helped the day to day operations run smoother in companies she’s been affiliated with. I would recommend Emily without reservation.