Marketing executive specializing in strategy, voice of consumer, and inbound marketing. Focused on customer acquisition and brand awareness tactics.
My name is Emily and I’m Marketing Director for Vocati, Inc. where I lead branding and marketing strategies that center around our goal to help people holistically manage their career.
Concurrently, I work for Cleva North America, Inc., a global manufacturer and distributor of consumer goods. In my marketing role, I develop content using voice of consumer insights, manage the creative agencies, and national trade shows.
Continuous professional development is important to me which is why I’m an active member of Toastmasters, a worldwide non-profit organization which develops communications & leadership skills in its members. I’m also our club’s VP of Public Relations and on our district’s Club Retention & Membership committee.
On this site, you can enjoy some of my writing and design projects, which will be added regularly. If you like what you see and want to start a conversation, feel free to get in touch.
Creative and success driven Marketing Communication Executive armed with 10+ years of highly successful experience in content strategy and brand management, Voice of Consumer & market research, project management, and facilitating process improvement initiatives. Results-driven professional with verifiable year-after-year success in blending well-developed leadership competency with excellent interpersonal skills and extensive marketing knowledge to translate organization’s goals and objectives into actionable and measurable marketing programs. Possess a track record of building, managing, mentoring and inspiring creative teams to deliver the most effective marketing programs and strategies. Known and respected for hands-on ability to compose and manage SEO optimized copy, manage brand management initiatives and develop highly innovative verbal and visual concepts.
Cleva North America, Inc.
February 2013 – Present
- Responsible for leading creative teams to ensure that all, design, digital campaigns, and social media efforts adhere to the company vision, market challenges, and corporate constraints
- Oversee the strategic planning, project management, budget, and execution of logistics for annual national trade shows
- Write SEO optimized, quality content for online sites; including corporate brand sites and retail customer product detail pages
- Increase web sales by 48%, reduce customer service call volume, and improve other KPIs by moving brands’ e-commerce websites from a custom platform to BigCommerce platform
- Collaborate with product development in collection and analysis of primary and secondary market research
- Developed, implemented, and manage daily User Generated Content (UGC) strategy, improved positive online mentions/reviews by 35%.
- Key Achievement – Lead marketing and sales team to design Voice of Consumer (VOC) program to solve business challenges including but not limited to go-to-market strategy
Banyan Consulting LLC
February 2004 – October 2012
- Oversaw and executed all event management and electronic advertising
- Designed various marketing materials, including corporate brochures, product data sheets, presentations and proposals which reflected the company’s brand
- Supported sales team by generating/creating complex revenue reports, maintaining pipeline and writing custom RFP responses under tight deadlines
- Ensured that the creative function operated in an effective and profitable manner
- Key Achievement – Ensured all projects followed brand guidelines and communicated the most effective and motivating value propositions and messaging
Support Staff II
Carnegie Mellon University
October 2000 – September 2003
- Used well developed creative talents to design logos, brochures, flyers, and posters to promote upcoming events and ongoing student programs
- Effectively diagnosed and solved day-to-day operational concerns and event marketing issues
- Recruited and managed student worker teams each semester
- Optimized organizational efficiency by cost-effectively managing office inventories and providing administrative support
- Key Achievement –Coordinated and marketed numerous student events, resulting in a significant increase in new participants and consistent event success
Winn-Dixie, Inc. (Regional Corporate Office)
November 1998 – January 2000
- Designed profit-driven specialty and weekly in-store advertisements, along with supporting the development of diverse marketing projects
- Demonstrated self-reliance and resourcefulness to overcome obstacles
- Consistently met all assigned quotas and key performance metrics
- Key Achievement –Produced outstanding results in a fast paced environment and delivered multiple complex projects at once
August 2016 – Present
- VP of Public Relations (June 2017 – Present) – Plans and implements programs to maintain the positive image of Toastmasters for all guests, member, and the general public; specific activities include press releases, publicity campaigns, website maintenance, media representation, and club newsletters.
- Assists with implementing growth and retention programs as member of District 58 Club Growth Committee
- Deliver prepared and extemporaneous speeches as well as evaluations of other speakers; awarded multiple Best Speaker ribbons
- Actively working towards earning Competent Communicator (CC) and Competent Leader (CL) awards
Project Management Institute
December 2016 – Present
- Actively working towards Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification
Certificate In Graphic Design (1998), Living Arts College, School of Communication Arts
Extensive Coursework, Carnegie Mellon University & North Carolina State University
Inbound Marketing Certificate, HubSpot Academy, 2018
- Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop, InDesign, PremierPro
- Email Marketing / Market Research: MailChimp; AYTM.com; SurveyMonkey
- Web Analytics: Google Analytics; ReviewMonitoring.com
- CMS & Blogs: WordPress; BigCommerce
- Web Programming: Basic HTML
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
May 2008 – May 2010
- Successfully coordinated individual fundraising efforts, and raised $4,500+ for cancer research to support society goals.
Habitat for Humanity Participant/Chaperone
Sarasota, FL via Carnegie Mellon University
- Spent one week building homes with a group of diverse students and facilitated daily reflections/team building activities.
Emily Yutzy is one of those rare team members who can handle just about anything, though her specialties are marketing, design and organizing events. Her web and networking skills are invaluable to our organization and she always thoroughly organizes each project or event, paying attention to each detail. When in doubt, we turn to Emily.
Best of all, Emily truly cares about her co-workers and everything she does for the organization – her integrity and accountability are unparalleled. We understand why Emily is moving, but she will be tremendously missed.
Emily is a capable team player. She approaches every marketing task with a very creative hand. Emily was instrumental in the launching of our Banyan website and all internal marketing efforts. We will truly miss her!