Strategic Marketing & Communications Manager specializing in marketing automation and ROI analysis. Focused on lead generation and brand awareness tactics.
My name is Emily and I’m an accomplished marketer with over 20 years of marketing experience. Recently, my focus has been on marketing automation, account based marketing, and ROI analysis. My strongest areas are learning from the voice of the customer and past campaign performance to develop marketing plans that also align with corporate objectives and sales goals. I’m passionate about marketing analytics, professional development, and helping others succeed.
On this site, you’ll find my resume as well as articles and projects related to my passions. If you like what you see and want to start a conversation, feel free to get in touch.
Marketing leader with a record of success in developing, executing, and measuring strategic integrated marketing initiatives that drive brand awareness and revenue growth. Recognized for ability to build meaningful business relationships with customers, peers, and management. Award-winning Toastmaster.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Strategic Planning||Cross functional collaboration||Vendor Negotiations|
|Co-Op Funds Budget Management||Presenting/ Public Speaking||Project Management|
|KPI Analysis||Directing creative agencies||Building Relationships|
Marketing Specialist, II (Intel, Microsoft Cloud)
January 2019 – Present
Responsible for driving qualified leads to business/sales team for increased sales for Intel and Microsoft Cloud/CSP products through the strategic development, communication and execution of integrated marketing initiatives and digital campaigns. Oversee $7M Co-Op marketing budgets and administer the claiming of funds with SYNNEX and vendor audit teams.
- Improved process for calculating effectiveness of campaigns and programs; was able to show business grew 15% as a result of campaigns; analyzed other metrics and made recommendations for stronger ROI.
- Consistently met or exceeded monthly marketing revenue goal, averaging 104% to forecast for 2019.
Cleva North America, Inc.
February 2013 – November 2018
Managed trade show exhibits for 13+ national industry events. Directed and contributed to creative teams on development and implementation of marketing campaigns and graphic design projects. Ensured marketing activities aligned with corporate goals. Conducted and presented competitive analysis findings to sales and product teams to measure initiatives, provide business insights, and improve ROI. Wrote SEO-optimized website content for corporate e-commerce retail product pages.
- Developed trade show RFP process, negotiated contract with new vendor which resulted in $11K savings (9% of budget)
- Credited with increasing web sales by nearly 50%, boosted KPIs by migrating e-commerce brand sites to a new platform, and reduced customer service call volumes.
- Led marketing and sales teams to design a Voice of Customer (VOC) program to analyze and solve business challenges; efforts were recognized through receipt of the 2017 MarCom Award for packaging design.
- Drove positive online mentions/reviews up by 35% by developing a daily User Generated Content (UGC) & online reputation management strategy. Trained e-commerce staff on daily maintenance of the program.
Marketing Consultant (Contract)
March 2018 – January 2019
Led market research and competitive analysis activities. Developed go-to-market and pricing strategy for app (SaaS). Manage intern, freelancer graphic designers, and scriptwriters.
- Created media kit, website content, and SEO blog posts to communicate product to target market.
- Managed video production team to produce a promotional video; defined scope of work, negotiated contract terms, and developed an overriding theme for the final product.
Banyan Consulting LLC
February 2004 – October 2012
Managed website and newsletter activities. Adhered to established brand guidelines to effectively communicate value propositions and messaging. Monitored web analytics dashboards, reports, and pointed out key areas of importance. Designed promotional materials including, but not limited to, corporate brochures, product data sheets, presentations, and proposals. Organized annual client conference, event marketing webinars and seminars.
- Tracked sales goals, generated revenue reports, and drafted comprehensive RFP responses to support sales team
- Leveraged Google Analytics to analyze effectiveness of inbound marketing campaigns; issued recommendations that significantly improved traffic by 40% in 5 months and tripled new visitors in 1 year.
Marketing Assistant/Support Staff II, Student Life
Carnegie Mellon University
October 2000 – September 2003
- Designed marketing materials to promote university events and programs.
- Provided administrative support to ensure cost-effective office operations.
- Recruited and managed student worker team of 4 each semester.
- Key Achievement – Promoted from Support Staff I to level II after one year.
Winn-Dixie, Inc. (Regional Corporate Office)
November 1998 – January 2000
- Designed profit-driven specialty and weekly in-store advertisements, along with supporting the development of diverse marketing projects
- Key Achievement – Produced outstanding results in a fast paced deadline driven environment and delivered multiple projects at once
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals – Trophy
- Learn the business value of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform – Trophy
August 2016 – December 2018
- VP of Public Relations (July 2017 – June 2018) – Developed and implemented a digital marketing plan which resulted in 20% increase in new membership.
- Deliver prepared and extemporaneous speeches as well as evaluations of other speakers; awarded multiple Best Speaker & Best Evaluator ribbons
- Earned Competent Leader Award (CL)
Customer Journey Mapping Certificate
Certificate In Graphic Design (1998), Living Arts College, School of Communication Arts
Extensive Coursework, Carnegie Mellon University & North Carolina State University
- Productivity/Collaboration Software: Office 365 (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams; Dynamics 365 Sales; Skype for Business; Webex Events; Asana
- Graphics Software: Canva; Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, PremierPro, InDesign
- Marketing Automation: MailChimp; Survey Monkey; Hootsuite; HubSpot (Inbound Certified); Marketo
- Web Analytics: Google Analytics
- CMS & Blogs: WordPress; BigCommerce
- Web Programming: Basic HTML
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
May 2008 – May 2010
- Successfully coordinated individual fundraising efforts, and raised $4,500+ for cancer research to support society goals.
Habitat for Humanity Participant/Chaperone
Sarasota, FL via Carnegie Mellon University
- Spent one week building homes with a group of diverse students and facilitated daily reflections/team building activities.
I engaged Emily in 2017 to develop and execute a strategic marketing plan for AccompliTrack. She brought enthusiasm, energy, an eye for detail, and broad knowledge of marketing to the effort. Her achievements include
- Perfecting the company’s logo and branding, developing standards for corporate marketing materials.
- Selecting and implementing a CRM/Marketing/Sales platform (Hubspot) and using it to build a substantial mailing list.
- Identifying the most relevant traction channels for the growth of the company. * Improving the design and function of the AccompliTrack website
- Creating many engaging social media and blog posts.
- Planning and coordinating the AccompliTrack launch event as well as delivering the keynote speech at the event.
- Formulating the media kit for the product launch. * Orchestrating the scripting and production of a five-minute crowdfunding video and developing the script for a second.
- Hiring, managing, and mentoring an experienced marketing intern.
Emily is a true professional with solid business acumen and deep competence in marketing, leadership, and public relations.
Emily is a very talented and creative member of the Banyan Consulting team. She has made significant contributions to our Company’s marketing and branding initiatives. Emily will do whatever it takes to ensure our clients’ needs are met.