Strategic marketing leader with a proven ability to get teams aligned and executing on strategic channel marketing initiatives.
My name is Emily, an accomplished marketer with 20 years of marketing experience. Recently, my focus has been on developing my team to think strategically, write creative marketing plans that are aligned with business goals, and continually measure and improve our strategies based on ROI analysis. My strongest areas are studying workflows to create more effective processes, and developing teams that foster quality and creativity. I’m passionate about marketing analytics, professional development, and helping others succeed.
On this site, you’ll find my resume as well as posts related to my passions. If you would like to connect, feel free to get in touch.
Experienced, results-driven marketing leader with the proven ability to successfully lead team and individually contribute to initiatives that drive brand awareness and revenue growth. Recognized for ability to build meaningful business relationships with customers, vendors, peers, and executives.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Team Building||Strategic Planning||Cross-Functional Collaboration|
|Process Improvement||KPI Analysis||Directing Creative Agencies|
|Relationship Building||Market Research||Presenting/Public Speaking|
Manager, Vendor Marketing
TD SYNNEX, April 2022 – Present
Manages a team of 12 Vendor Marketing Managers dedicated to the component and visual/collab vendor line. Develops and executes marketing plans that are aligned with business goals. Continually measures and improves go-to-market strategies. Collaborates across departments to enhance TD SYNNEX value proposition to new vendors and identifies potential new vendors that will add value to TD SYNNEX programs.
SYNNEX Corporation, June 2021 – April 2022
(SYNNEX & Tech Data Merged to become TD SYNNEX – September 2021)
Managed a team of Marketing Specialists and Program Managers covering the Intel Corporation vendor line, Integrated Solutions, Services, Financial Services, & DaaS. Developed and executed marketing plans that aligned with business goals. Measured and improved go-to-market strategies. Collaborated across departments to enhance SYNNEX value proposition to new vendors and identified potential new vendors that would value to SYNNEX programs.
- Coached, mentored and led a team of four direct reports for various vendor lines
- Led the team to grow Intel marketing revenue by 17% 2021 YTD YoY
- Participated in Vendor Marketing Merger Integration Squads (Strategic Planning and Strategy Harmonization Squad Sub-Streams; Spiff/Sales Incentive Policies/Guidelines)
Marketing Specialist, III (Intel)
SYNNEX Corporation, June 2020 – June 2021
Team lead for the Intel vendor line. Drives overall component and branded marketing strategy. Creates marketing plans that are aligned with business goals. Collaborates across departments to enhance SYNNEX value proposition messaging. Leads ROI reporting and analytics back to vendor to continually improve go-to-market strategies. Develops and grows a team that fosters quality, innovation, and creativity.
- Led the team to grow Intel marketing revenue by 24% YoY during 2020 pandemic
- Established team roles and responsibilities; studied workflows and implemented more effective processes
- Developed a strong relationship and culture of mutual support with the team which resulted in better work performance
- Created and executed email personalization strategy that dramatically increased loyalty program engagement
Marketing Specialist, II (Microsoft Cloud/CSP)
SYNNEX Corporation, January 2019 – June 2020
Responsible for driving qualified leads to sales team through the strategic development and execution of integrated marketing initiatives and digital campaigns. Managed co-op/MDF budgets as well as complex claiming operations for Microsoft vendor line.
- Improved process for calculating effectiveness of campaigns and programs; was able to show Microsoft CSP monthly revenue grew as a result of various campaigns
- Recognized for quickly making a positive impact on the marketing activities, and bringing new ideas to the team
Cleva North America, Inc., February 2013 – November 2018
Managed trade show exhibits for 13+ national industry events. Directed and contributed to creative teams on development and implementation of marketing campaigns and graphic design projects. Conducted and presented competitive analysis findings to sales and product teams to measure initiatives, provide business insights, and improve ROI. Wrote SEO-optimized website content for corporate e-commerce retail product pages.
- Led marketing and sales teams to design Voice of Customer (VOC) program to analyze & solve business challenges; efforts recognized through a receipt of the 2017 MarCom Award for packaging design
- Developed event exhibit house RFP process, negotiated contract with new vendor which resulted in $11K savings (9% of budget)
- Increased web sales by nearly 50% by switching e-commence platform, which also reduced customer service call volumes
- Drove positive online mentions/reviews up by 35% by developing a daily User Generated Content (UGC) & online reputation management strategy. Trained e-commerce staff on daily maintenance of the program
Marketing Consultant (Contract)
Vocati, Inc., March 2018 – January 2019
Led market research and competitive analysis activities designed to develop marketing plan for SaaS product. Managed and assigned tasks for marketing intern, reviewed work, and provided feedback for improvement. Created and executed digital marketing initiatives including email marketing, and lead nurturing workflows. Produced and optimized website elements, including landing pages, website copy, CTAs, and forms on HubSpot & WordPress.
- Created LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts; increased social engagement by 118% and followers by 99% within 3 months of implementation
- Managed scriptwriter and video production team to produce a promotional video; defined scope of work, negotiated contract terms, and developed an overriding theme, and directed production
Banyan Consulting LLC, February 2004 – October 2012
Managed website and newsletter activities. Adhered to established brand guidelines to effectively communicate value propositions and messaging. Monitored web analytics dashboards, reports, and pointed out key areas of importance. Designed promotional materials including, but not limited to, corporate brochures, product data sheets, presentations, and proposals. Organized annual client conference, event marketing webinars and seminars. Managed receptionist from 2005 to 2010 – Recruited, interviewed, trained, supervised, and evaluated employee performance (60% were promoted internally).
- Tracked sales goals, generated revenue reports, and drafted comprehensive RFP responses to support sales team
- Leveraged Google Analytics to analyze effectiveness of inbound marketing campaigns; issued recommendations that significantly improved traffic by 40% in 5 months and tripled new visitors in 1 year
Marketing Assistant/Support Staff II, Student Life
Carnegie Mellon University, October 2000 – September 2003
- Designed marketing materials to promote university events and programs
- Provided administrative support to ensure cost-effective office operations
- Recruited and managed student worker team of 4 each semester
- Key Achievement: Promoted from Support Staff I to level II after one year
Winn-Dixie, Inc. (Regional Corporate Office), November 1998 – January 2000
- Designed profit-driven specialty and weekly in-store advertisements, along with supporting the development of diverse marketing projects
- Productivity/Collaboration Software: Office 365 (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams); Webex; Asana; Smartsheet
- Graphics Software: Canva; Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, PremierPro, InDesign
- Marketing Automation: Marketo, Hootsuite; HubSpot (Inbound Certified); MailChimp; Survey Monkey
- Web Analytics: Google Analytics
- Content Management Systems: WordPress; BigCommerce
- Web Programming: Basic HTML
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals (Microsoft Learn) – Learn the business value of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform – Trophy
- Selling IoT Solutions (Intel Partner University) – Earners of this competency have demonstrated knowledge, understanding, and proficiency in IoT to be able to advise and make customer recommendations to drive business and increase revenue selling IoT solutions – Badge
- AI Foundations (Intel Partner University) – In progress
February 2021 – May 2021
- Building Resilience as a Leader (Course)
- New Manager Foundations (Course)
- Online Marketing Foundations (Course)
August 2016 – June 2020
- VP of Public Relations (July 2017 – June 2018) – Developed and implemented a digital marketing plan which resulted in 20% increase in new membership
- Deliver prepared and extemporaneous speeches as well as evaluations of other speakers; awarded multiple Best Speaker, Best Evaluator, and Best Table Topics ribbons
- Earned Competent Leader Award (CL) & Competent Communicator Award (CC)
- Customer Journey Mapping Course – Learned core principles of design thinking including stakeholder mapping, building personas, creating customer journey maps, and analysis of opportunity areas – Certificate
- Certificate In Graphic Design, Living Arts College, School of Communication Arts
- Extensive Coursework, Carnegie Mellon University & North Carolina State University
Auction Committee Member
SYNNEX Share The Magic
April 2021 – Present
- Work with local business to secure SSTM gala auction donations
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
May 2008 – May 2010
- Successfully coordinated individual fundraising efforts, and raised $4,500+ for cancer research to support society goals.
Emily is a capable team player. She approaches every marketing task with a very creative hand. Emily was instrumental in the launching of our Banyan website and all internal marketing efforts. We will truly miss her!
Emily Yutzy is one of those rare team members who can handle just about anything, though her specialties are marketing, design and organizing events. Her web and networking skills are invaluable to our organization and she always thoroughly organizes each project or event, paying attention to each detail. When in doubt, we turn to Emily.
Best of all, Emily truly cares about her co-workers and everything she does for the organization – her integrity and accountability are unparalleled. We understand why Emily is moving, but she will be tremendously missed.